picked up a few cds at the half price books on westheimer near montrose on saturday:
- maddox brothers & rose - that'll learn ya durn ya (proper)
- hank snow - i'm movin' on (proper)
- lester flatt & earl scruggs - the mercury years (proper)
- various - hillbilly boogie! (legacy/columbia)
- various - jackson - great country duos (country stars)
picked up a few more cds on sunday at soundwaves:
- adult. - anxiety always (ersatz audio)
- broadcast - tender buttons (warp)
- squarepusher - hard normal daddy (warp)
- meat beat manifesto - ruok? (run recordings)
can you spot a difference between the two days?
today i had my easter meal at the house of pies. man, i love the house of pies. i had an iced tea and the patty melt deluxe with cottage fries. their cottage fries rock. as usual, i was too full after eating to get dessert. but their pies are really good. not exactly how i pictured my easters being at this point in my life, but one must play the hand one is dealt.
i went to church again. i think i need to find a new church. maybe i need to try to find someone to bring me to an orthodox service. i need christianity that's a religion, not just a relationship. i need to feel like i'm worshipping the mysterious G-d of abraham and isaac, not just hangin' wit' m' bud' jesus and his big daddy in the sky, watching a mediocre pop act sing love and feel-good songs. i understand the sentiment behind "christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship" -- but that's bull. christianity is a religion. it's about relationship too, but it is a religion. it's something popular american xianity would do well to remember.